In accordance with FCC regulation, Duquesne Light Company (DLC) permits telecommunications and cable companies to place attachments on its poles, duct and/or conduit. The first step in this process is the negotiation and execution of the appropriate attachment agreement(s). For further information please contact the Pole Attachment Group at email@example.com.
Community, Festival or Event Banners, Baskets, Etc
DLC is happy to partner with community organizations and municipalities to allow the temporary placement of banners or flags on its utility poles. DLC's involvement in the process is critical to ensuring the safety of our workers and the reliability of our system when such items are attached to our poles. General information and requirements that may be helpful include:
- Permissible attachments are temporary in nature and should not be in place longer than 90 days. At the end of 90 days, an attachment application must be resubmitted along with an additional fee.
- A requesting community group or municipality should provide at least 6-8 weeks advanced notice after the initial contact with DLC's Asset Administrator to be sure that the appropriate safety and operational reviews can be completed.
- Requests submitted with less than 6 weeks notice may not be able to be accommodated.
If your organization would like to request permission to attach a banner or flags to our utility poles, the process is simple:
8 weeks PRIOR TO the desired erection date
- Identify the desired location for the attachment, noting pole numbers, pole coordinates, street name, cross streets, etc.
- Finalize and have available specifications for the attachment: dimensions, material (NOTE: Any banners MUST be vented) and a detailed drawing of the installation noting all proposed attachment heights.
- Contact your local municipality to obtain any necessary approvals. Inform DLC who will erect the attachment and what materials will be used to attach the banner or flag.
- Under NO circumstances will DLC allow the use of brackets or plates affixed to poles using nails or screws, or the use of metal cables to secure attachments. All attachments should be made with nonconductive banding material.
6-8 weeks PRIOR TO the desired erection date
- At this time, have pole numbers, coordinates and maps available so that we can confirm ownership of the poles in question.
- Complete the attachment application (click here for application)
- Submit the appropriate processing and inspection fee. The current fee schedule is:
- $150 for the first attachment
- $75 for any additional attachments
- E-mail completed application and insurance certificate of the company doing the work to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- If the application and insurance certificate must be mailed, please mail to: Third Party Attachers | Duquesne Light Company | 2825 New Beaver Ave | Mail Drop N5-ES | Pittsburgh, PA 15233
Upon receipt of the application packet
- The packet will be reviewed for completeness and forwarded to the appropriate service center for assignment to a technician.
- A field technician from the Service Center that serves your community will contact and meet (if necessary) with the community group or municipal contact to review the request in the field, and to discuss possible alternatives if the requested location or attachments are not acceptable for safety or operational reasons.
- Once approved, the technician will notify the Asset Administrator and an executed banner attachment permit will be sent to you.
Attachments may only be erected upon receipt of an executed attachment permit. Attachment prior to receipt will be considered unauthorized and will be removed at your expense.