Our goal is bigger than keeping the lights on. We want our communities to thrive, so we give a lot more than safe and reliable
We’re continually investing resources to ensure our
infrastructure meets the region’s future electrical demands.
Whether we’re starting initiatives that enhance quality of life
or contribute to the region’s economic growth, our goal is the
same — to build strong and vibrant communities where we all can
Click here to see 2020 donation recipients
Social & Economic Equity - Funding will support community development projects and initiatives with a focus towards communities and populations that are historically disenfranchised.
- Workforce Development - Funding will support initiatives and programs that focus on K-12 education in the areas of science, technology, engineering, arts, and math (STEAM). Additionally, funds may also support career readiness, mentoring, and workforce based training for individuals in the energy and utility sector.
- Sustainable Communities - Funding will support programs and projects that ensure the protection of our environment and green spaces along with projects that promote community safety and resiliency. For grassroots nonprofit organizations: Learn more about our Community Impact Grants microgrant program.
For all proposals that do not qualify for Duquesne Light’s Community Impact Grant program, Duquesne Light requests that organizations submit a Letter of Inquiry (LOI). Please first refer to the FAQs section listed at the bottom of this page to ensure your organization meets our charitable giving guidelines.
Your LOI should be dated, not exceed 2 pages in length and include the following:
- Name, title, email address and telephone number for both the direct contact of this request and the head of the organization
- Organization name as recognized by the IRS or PA state equivalent, and/or the organization’s fiscal sponsor
- Brief summary of your organization’s mission, vision and history
- Current state of the organization’s programs, including neighborhoods and number of individuals served
- Which Duquesne Light focus area does this request meet
- Brief explanation of the need for support and the amount you intend to request
- List any additional funders, partners and/or other relevant stakeholders for the program/project
- Please also disclose if an employee of DLC is connected to your organization via board seat, family, business or other relationship
- Projected project timeline
- Anticipated outcomes and metrics to measure the program/project’s success
- Methods you will use to ensure positive DLC recognition
Please submit your LOI as an email attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org. We are only accepting emailed LOI submissions at this time and LOIs are accepted on a rolling basis. If your LOI is accepted, a representative from Duquesne Light’s Corporate Citizenship team will contact you to discuss next steps.
Frequently Asked Questions
For more information about the program, please refer to some of the following commonly asked questions:
For any additional questions or to learn more, please email email@example.com.