Duquesne Light Company is excited to announce a new a microgrant program, Community Impact Grants (CIG), aimed at funding projects and programs that support grassroots diverse community organizations, thereby strengthening community organizations who are working on-the-ground to help our communities thrive.
Eligible non-profit organizations can apply for microgrants up to $10,000!
Program Focus Areas:
Programs/projects should align with one of four focus areas:
- PUBLIC ART: including murals, installations and community art events
- GREEN SPACES: including community gardens, park upgrades and tree plantings
- COMMUNITY SAFETY AND ENERGY EFFICIENCY: including equipment or purchases, façade upgrades and safety lighting
- CONNECTIVITY AND TECHNOLOGY: including access or increased access to technology as well as the purchase of equipment for educational programming or capacity building.
- 501c3 nonprofit organizations or state equivalent, or organizations receiving fiscal sponsorship from a registered 501c3 or state equivalent
- Organization must meet DLC’s charitable giving program guidelines listed on our FAQs
- Organization must serve residents in Allegheny and/or Beaver County
- Organizations with BIPOC, women and/or LGBTQ leadership are encouraged to apply
- Organizations must have an annual operating budget equal to or less than $500,000 and/or a specific targeted project
Application Process and Grant Distribution
Thank you for your interest in Community Impact Grants. Our current grant cycle is now closed. We will be reopening the application in Fall 2021 (exact date TBD). Please see our charitable giving program website to learn more about our general charitable giving application process.
If awarded a Community Impact Grant, recipient nonprofit organizations will need to provide at minimum the following documentation:
- ACH agreement (provided upon grant award)
- 990 EZ or 990 of fiscal sponsor
- Current list of board members
- Signed Verification of Good Legal Standing (provided upon grant award)
For questions or more information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “CIG Question."