Duquesne Light Company is excited to announce a new a microgrant program, Community Impact Grants (CIG), aimed at funding projects and programs that support grassroots diverse community organizations, thereby strengthening community organizations who are working on-the-ground to help our communities thrive.
Eligible non-profit organizations can apply for microgrants up to $10,000!
Program Focus Areas:
Programs/projects should align with one of four focus areas:
- PUBLIC ART: including murals, installations and community art events
- GREEN SPACES: including community gardens, park upgrades and tree plantings
- COMMUNITY SAFETY AND ENERGY EFFICIENCY: including equipment or purchases, façade upgrades and safety lighting
- CONNECTIVITY AND TECHNOLOGY: including access or increased access to technology as well as the purchase of equipment for educational programming or capacity building.
- 501c3 nonprofit organizations or state equivalent, or organizations receiving fiscal sponsorship from a registered 501c3 or state equivalent
- Organization must meet DLC’s charitable giving program guidelines listed on our FAQs
- Organization must serve residents in Allegheny and/or Beaver County
- Organizations with BIPOC, women and/or LGBTQ leadership are encouraged to apply
- Organizations must have an annual operating budget equal to or less than $500,000 and/or a specific targeted project
Application Process and Grant Distribution
Interested organizations can apply between April 13 - June 1, 2021 using the CIG application.
Organizations should expect to receive communication regarding the status of their application within 30 days following the close of the application window. The Duquesne Light team will not respond to inquiries related to application status prior to that time.
In order for a CIG to be processed, nonprofit organizations will need to provide at minimum, the following documentation:
- ACH agreement (provided upon grant award)
- 990 EZ or 990 of fiscal sponsor
- Current list of board members
- Signed Verification of Good Legal Standing (provided upon grant award)
Awarded grants will be listed on the DLC website and other social media platforms.
For questions or more information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “CIG Question."