Date December 17, 2018
For Release Upon Receipt
Contact Ashlee Yingling
Duquesne Light Company and DQE Communications Support Pittsburgh Region through Volunteerism and Donations in 2018
PITTSBURGH – Duquesne Light Company and DQE Communications are dedicated to giving back to the local community through employee volunteerism and charitable donations.
In 2018, the company donated more than $1.4 million to over 30 organizations across Allegheny and Beaver counties, and employees volunteered more than 3,000 hours of community service.
From raising over $450,000 in our annual Duquesne Light/IBEW Local 29 United Way Campaign to partnering with 412 Food Rescue on their Hidden Harvest program, Duquesne Light employees continue to inspire kindness and reciprocal goodwill in the communities we serve.
“Duquesne Light and DQE Communications were founded on the principles of community partnership and supporting the areas where we work and live,” said Rich Riazzi, President, Duquesne Light Company. “We’re proud to help power the Pittsburgh region forward through continued volunteerism and donations.”
Organizations and projects that benefitted from grant money and volunteer efforts in 2018 include:
- 412 Food Rescue Hidden Harvest Program and Food Rescues
- American Red Cross Sound the Alarm
- Carnegie Science Center Title Sponsor of the Center for STEM Education and Career Development
- Greater Pittsburgh Community Food Bank Produce to People Program
- KaBOOM! Playground Build Pivik Elementary School in Plum Borough
- Operation Warm and City of Pittsburgh Firefighters Coat Distribution to Pittsburgh Public School Students
- Pennsylvania Women Work Refugee and Immigrant Services for Employment (RISE) program
- Pittsburgh Chapter of National Tooling and Machining Foundation BotsIQ Program
- Pittsburgh Gateway Corporation EIC Lighting Design Challenge
- United Way of Southwestern PA Impact Fund and Corporate Campaign Match
The full list of organizations can be found here. DLC was also recently recognized with the 412 Food Rescue's Hidden Harvest Hero Award for the most hidden harvests in 2018.
To learn more about Duquesne Light and DQE Communications charitable donation efforts or to apply for a grant, please visit duquesnelight.com/charitable-giving.
About Duquesne Light Company
Duquesne Light Company is committed to more than keeping the lights on; it powers the moments in its customers’ lives. As a next generation energy company, Duquesne Light Company’s nearly 1,500 employees are dedicated to delivering reliable and safe energy to more than a half a million customers in southwestern Pennsylvania.