Duquesne Light Company and DQE Communications are dedicated to giving back to the local community through employee volunteerism and charitable donations. In 2018, the company donated more than $1.4 million to more than 30 organizations across Allegheny and Beaver counties, and employees volunteered more than 3,000 hours of community service.
From raising over $450,000 in our annual Duquesne Light/IBEW Local 29 United Way Campaign to partnering with 412 Food Rescue on their Hidden Harvest program, Duquesne Light employees continue to inspire kindness and reciprocal goodwill in the communities we serve.
Organizations and projects that benefitted from grant money and volunteer efforts in 2018 include:
- 412 Food Rescue Hidden Harvest Program and Food Rescues
- American Red Cross Sound the Alarm
- Carnegie Science Center Title Sponsor of the Center for STEM Education and Career Development
- Greater Pittsburgh Community Food Bank Produce to People Program
- KaBOOM! Playground Build Pivik Elementary School in Plum Borough
- Operation Warm and City of Pittsburgh Firefighters Coat Distribution to Pittsburgh Public School Students
- Pennsylvania Women Work Refugee and Immigrant Services for Employment (RISE) program
- Pittsburgh Chapter of National Tooling and Machining Foundation BotsIQ Program
- Pittsburgh Gateway Corporation EIC Lighting Design Challenge
- United Way of Southwestern PA Impact Fund and Corporate Campaign Match
The full list of organizations receiving grant money can be found here. DLC also recently was recognized with the 412 Food Rescue's Hidden Harvest Hero Award for the most hidden harvests in 2018.
To learn more about Duquesne Light and DQE Communications charitable donation efforts or to apply for a grant, please visit duquesnelight.com/charitable-giving.