Duquesne Light partners with Dollar Energy Fund to provide help to limited-income households. The maximum grant you can receive from this program is $500. You will not be expected to pay the grant back. You are eligible to receive one grant for your Duquesne Light electric account each program year.
During the heating season (October through February) the Dollar Energy Fund only will provide grants for customers whose service is off or who are threatened with being turned off. Due to the COVID-19 public health challenge, the grant eligibility threshold was increased from 200% of the Federal Income Guidelines to 250% so more customers will be eligible to apply. These new guidelines, listed in the chart below, will be in effect through December 31, 2020.
If you would like to donate to the Dollar Energy Fund, please use our online form or visit www.dollarenergy.org for more information.
2020 FEDERAL INCOME GUIDELINES: DOLLAR ENERGY FUND
To be eligible for a Dollar Energy Fund grant, you must:
- Make a payment of at least $150 toward your electric bill within 90 days of the date you apply for the grant (Senior citizens - age 62 and over - must have paid at least $100 in the last 90 days) or have made your last three consecutive payments.You will be asked to provide proof of payment(s). This payment requirement is waived for Customer Assistance Program (CAP) customers through December 31, 2020.
- Provide proof of your monthly household income (Federal Income Guidelines apply).
- Provide the Social Security Numbers of all members of your household.
- Minimum Balance Requirement - you must have a balance on your utility bill of at least $100. Senior citizens, age 62 years of age or older, may have a $0 balance (not eligible for assistance if there is an existing credit on their account).
- Your account must be a residential account, single home or apartment.
- You must be an adult currently living in the household.
- If you have chosen an alternate supplier, a Dollar Energy Fund grant will not be used to pay the supplier portion of your bill.
Find a Dollar Energy Fund Community Screening Agency near you.